Calling Feature Requesters!
The past few days, I've been working hard on a new version of MT Blogroll that will be feature packed. Some of the features I have either written or plan to write include:
- Integration with del.icio.us - MT Blogroll is now capable of completely synching with del.icio.us. This means that links you add to MT Blogroll will get added to del.icio.us and vice-versa.
- Tagging - to complement the above, I've implemented the ability to tag links just like del.icio.us. The template tags are also powerful enough for you to generate your own tag cloud.
- Export to OPML - one of the biggest feature requests I've received was to have an export mechanism and I've finally gotten around to implementing that.
- Direct import from Bloglines - Simply enter your Bloglines username and your folders and links are imported. I'm investigating similar integration with Blogrolling and Newsgator.
- Update Times - When MT Blogroll first came out, it gathered update times from Pingomatic, with v2.1, I switched to Technorati due to several reasons. Neither solution has worked for all users so I've now implemented the ability to chose which service you would like to get the update times from
- Blogroll Sidebar - Sabrina created a blogroll sidebar which I thought was a great idea so I've implemented it, thanks Sabrina!
- UI Improvements - Jesse Gardner is helping me refresh MT Blogroll's interface. He's already designed a slew of icons that look superb
- Overhauled installation/upgrading - With v2.1, I introduced a new install/upgrade system to fit in with MT 3.2. However this method failed for a large number of users so I'll be switching back to the old installation/upgrading system but will streamline it as far as possible.
- Bug Fixes - as always there are plenty of bug fixes, some of them are quite large bugs