MT SCode 1.0
UPDATE: Fixed a bug where the image would only appear when you were logged into MT. Its a one line fix in SCode.pm
Although CAPTCHAs have several problems, there is no denying that catch most (if not all) of the spam. The most popular CAPTCHA generating plugin for Movable Type, SCode, had not been updated in a long time as the author had migrated to Drupal. It still involved hacking and did not integrate with 3.2's new junk/feedback framework. As a result, I took the plugin and did some major re-writing to make it work with 3.2. A run down of the new features:
- No Hacking Required - Simply drop the plugin in and enable it to use
- More Friendly UI - Previously, you would have to set various options within the file, this has been scrapped for the new plugins listing interface.
- Selectively Enable - SCode can now be selectively enabled on blogs, hence some blogs can be checked by SCode will others needn't be.
- Junk/Feedback Integration - You can now chose whether to have SCode reject the comment (with an error) or junk it when the code is incorrectly entered.
- Dynamic Templating Support - You can now use SCode on those dynamic templates too.